Saturday, August 29, 2009

undeserving

the past couple of days i have come across some new blogs. i have read some really heart wrenching stories. i have prayed for strangers. i have questioned God's actions. i have praised God for His holiness. i have realized all is for His glory. and many of these stories children of God are weighing heavily on my heart. this post may be a little bit of a ramble. just trying to unload a bit.

as i have read the stories of 4 month olds taken by SIDS, or starving AIDS infected children in africa, or little 5 year old girls stricken with brain tumors i have become ever closer to my Savior. i have gone to Him on behalf of these brothers and sisters that i have never met and asked Him to please spare lives and bring healing. i have asked Him why he chose to take a perfectly healthy sleeping baby from his dear parents. i have worked on accepting that His way is perfect and good though it may hurt. and i have sat in wonder of why He has given me so much. i take for granted the good in my life. God's mercy has kept us from any life shaking horrible tragedies but i spend much time complaining that i don't have the right shoes to wear with a new skirt. good grief! what is wrong with me?

Father, forgive me for taking all the good in my life for granted. Forgive me for taking You and the gift of Your Son and eternal life for granted. help me to live each day only for You. in Jesus' name because without Him it would be impossible for me to come to You, amen.

Lord, i give You my heart
i give You my soul
I LIVE FOR YOU ALONE
every breath that i take
every moment i'm awake
have Your way in me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity