Tuesday, September 1, 2009

you can never have too much butter...

but you can have too much of some other stuff - like a poor attitude. i must admit that i am ashamed of a lot of my behavior today. i would like to blame it on ADD or the devil, but alas it is simply my human nature - my sinful human nature that i allowed to take over by not calling on Jesus today.

nothing really horrible even went on today but i was very quick tempered. and we all know who that temper was thrown at, right? yes, my ever sweet, mild mannered, never raises his voice honey bear. he made plans that i probably wouldn't have made - i am short with him. he doesn't come to the table for dinner when i call - i raise my voice with sarcasm. poor guy couldn't get a break today. and what does he do in retaliation? get this, he asks his mom to watch buggie for us so he can take me to see julie & julia because he knows i have been aching to see it and that i haven't been out of the house for 2 days. the nerve of that guy, right?! he never throws an insult my way. his voice is never raised among a normal conversational decibel.

you know how marriage is supposed to be a picture of Christ and the church? marriage is a little taste of how Jesus loves us? well, honey bear has shown me a sliver of that love for sure. when i see the way he responds to my sinfulness i am reminded of how the Savior responds to me. of course, the realization isn't immediate. i see it later after i have calmed down and seen the error of my ways. i guess i just love seeing Jesus in our lives. i do wish that i didn't have to be an ogre to see Him! but He is always reminding me of His great love and forgiveness.

yes, i apologized and asked for honey bear's forgiveness. he always tells me he has already forgiven me but is glad that i have asked. we hug and then spend some sweet time together in each others arms. i'm pretty sure it is a lot the same with the Savior.

i am most positive that my lack of communication with God today threw a big wrench into my attitude. that alone time with just me and Him is so important, yet i so often neglect it. the enemy is sure to achieve much when i have no armor to fight against him. i am looking forward to some time with the Lord and to a better, sweeter tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity