Tuesday, September 29, 2009

gray hair is a blessing...

sorry i have been gone so long. it has been a busy few days with the death of my uncle and a trip to pennsylvania for the funeral. but i am back home now and trying to get back into the swing of things...ugh, the housework that awaits.

it has come to my attention this weekend that a serious infiltration of evil has made its way into my home and person. my lovely dark locks are being invaded by silver monsters! scary, wiry monsters. why does this gray hair cause me such stress? i am 27 years old. i feel 17. but i suppose the fact of the matter is i am indeed aging. blah!


i do find the silver hair shown here to be quite lovely...on her!

while i would like to grow old gracefully and fully embrace every single gray hair and line in my face, i am finding that a hard feat. i had this wild idea that i would remain 20 forever while the others around me grew older. since this does not seem to be the case i will for now simply enjoy still being in my twenties (if only for...ahem...3 more years) and will be heading out to buy a box of hair color this evening!!! and i will make this my new mantra:

gray hair is a blessing - ask a bald man.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Funny! I'm married to a bald man with greying facial hair. And he's not even 30 yet. He's got a great sense of humor, and a well shaped head. :)

bug's evil step-mimi = ) said...

sorry to have taken on the role of evil stepmother... you are gorgeous no matter the grays! whatever you choose to do to those lovely locks, you still look fabulous! love you!

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity