Friday, October 23, 2009

i didn't really love it that much

there is a whole new phase of life going on here at our house. my sweet, content to lay on her tummy time mat, gentle 9 month old bug has found her legs. and by found her legs i mean she has found that her legs can get her places - far far away places where forbidden treasures lie.

i don't think i have ever been too particular about my "things." i mean, i like to keep the things i have nice and somewhat orderly, but i do know that they are just "things." i am sure that my dad is probably rolling his eyes if (and he better be) he's reading this. i have grown up with many small sisters. i lived in a dorm room with 3 other girls. i know that things get broken. but for the past 5 years i have been living with only one other adult (the last 3 with my husband). my stuff has always been safe. now if you are a decoration or picture beware of attack!

today bug made her way from her little play spot all the way across the living room to where this bookshelf is housed:

i love this bookshelf and all the things on it. bug feels the same way. she made super friends with this little treasure:

after loving on her, bug promptly tossed her to the middle of the room. did my sweet baby not know that this figurine is a dear remembrance of the time she spent in my tummy? she either didn't know or didn't care because after she tossed it she went on to crawl into some more trouble.

fortunately, nothing was broken today. i think i need to read that section in my parenting book about baby proofing now! and if (or when) something is broken it will be ok - i don't really love it all that much anyway - definitely not as much as i love this sweetie bug!!!

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh I totally know what you mean! My son is crawling everywhere and I can't take my eyes off of him for 4 seconds! :)

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity