Tuesday, January 5, 2010

enough...or is it?

i was singing at the top of my lungs while i was driving this evening. this is nothing new - i
tend to do this whenever driving alone (and sometimes not alone). but tonight while i was singing the following words it was different:

All of You is more than enough for
All of me for every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more awesome than I know

All of you is more than enough for all of me
for every thirst and every need
you satisfy me with your love
and all I have in you is more than enough

You're my sacrifice of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know
You're my coming King You're everything
Still more awesome than I know

All of you is more than enough for all of me
for every thirst and every need
you satisfy me with your love
and all I have in you is more than enough

in the midst of my little private car concert i heard, "really, danielle, am I enough? are you truly satisfied with only Me?" i am still floored whenever the Lord speaks directly to me. no, it wasn't an audible voice. it was that still small voice speaking a thought to me that i couldn't have possibly come up with myself. if i came up with it myself i would say that the Lord is for sure all i need and that i am totally content with nothing and no one other than Him. but He caught me in the midst of my personal ego boost where i was letting myself know how spiritually arrived i am and how together i have it and brought me back down to where my heart really is - often unsatisfied, relying on and trusting in earthly possessions and humans, always wanting more and not being fulfilled in all that i do possess.

it was impossible for me to continue singing. how could i go on singing these words when the One i was offering them to saw right through me? and was i really offering the song to Him or to myself to make myself feel all right about where i am in my Christian walk? i, unfortunately, believe the latter is the truth.

while i am embarrassed and ashamed of my conceited motives, i am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who will not leave me reveling in my worthless acts of goodness and pretty lyrics but who will show me where my heart really is and just as quickly forgive me. His faithfulness and love is still overwhelming to me. what an awesome God we serve!

this new year i hope to get to the place in my life and walk with Jesus where i can sing with all sincerity "all of You is more than enough for all of me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity