Monday, November 16, 2009

come out, come out wherever you are!

yes, i have been m.i.a. for a while. i don't know what happened. for a while there it seemed like we had plans every night of the week and by the time i would get home blogging was the last thing on my mind. but i knew, as the governor of california has been known to say, i'd be back!

this week i have started implementing a new routine. not for bug but for me. i have always been a night owl. i love to stay up late and sleep in late. when i had a baby i was concerned that my sleeping in would be no more. thankfully i have been blessed with a little one who sleeps until 9 or 9:30. by the time i get my day started and tend to all of bug's unending needs i find that it is midnight and i have made no quiet time for the Lord. so last night i went to bed a bit earlier than usual and i got up this morning when my husband got up to get ready for work.

i spent the hour or so before bug awoke reading my Bible, reading a little devotional, and praying. i can't tell you what a difference this made to my day!!! all day i had the thoughts from my morning reading running through my head. it was like a reminder of why i had a day at all. i found myself considerably less on edge and stressed. i did several household chores without loathing them. and i played on the floor with my sweet girl happily instead of feeling like i was simply filling time. my thoughts were far more often on heavenly things today than usual.

i want to leave you with a quote from my reading from this morning.

jonathan edwards said, "'the godly are designed for unknown and inconceivable happiness.' in other words, the certainty and greatness of the happiness of God's people is as sure as God's zeal for his own glory."

how could i not have a good day after reading that? and this:

I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul. jeremiah 32:30-41

a little side note, tomorrow i will be sharing with you a post written by a very special guest blogger - my bug's mimi!!! it's a good one so be sure to check it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i would love to hear from you! however, anonymous comments will not be posted.
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

 

Dates Diapers & Deity